- Departure 1-3 days after July 4th
- Duration 2 weeks
- Flights included in program price
Round-trip international travel with the PSP group includes
- Travel within Panama from Panama City to the host families in Santiago and back
- Placement with a carefully selected host family who provides room and board
- Orientations in the U.S. about Panama and what to expect in the host family situation
- Emergency 24-hour telephone numbers in the U.S. and the host country
- Panama Service Project staff here and abroad who help ensure the best possible experience for each participant and family
- Secondary medical coverage
Participants are responsible for costs associated with
- Travel in the U.S.
- Passport fees
- Any inoculations
- Personal spending money
- The cost of optional trips offered by Panama Service Project to El Bale, for example, or other excursions. Students are not required to participate in optional events.
- Changing international flights or returning separately from the group
Application Schedule and Payment Information can be found here.
Panama Service Project is actively committed to making its programs available to all qualified students, irrespective of financial ability, thanks to Friends of Nutre Hogar and Panama Service Project Financial Aid. Fund are awarded on a first-come, first-served basis, so apply early. To qualify for financial aid, candidates must demonstrate strong financial need, strong interest in community service, commitment to intercultural learning and/or a strong academic record.
Complete the Financial Aid Application by January 15th and email it to email@example.com or send it to Panama Service Project Financial Aid, 7630 N. Boyd Way, Milwaukee, WI 53217 for consideration.